strange xterm & zsh behaviour

[This message has also been posted.]
I've noticed that zsh in xterm behaves very strange when I'm in OpenWindows
or failsafe session. Control keys and arrow keys don't work any
more. The shell just echos ^[[A (for example) instead of scrolling
through the history list. Ctrl-C is being echoed as ^C and the shell
doesn't prompt in a new line. With zsh in dtterm everything works fine.

With ksh in xterm and "set -o emacs" ^P, ^N and ^C work as expected.
tcsh and bash in xterm also work as expected.
stty -a gives the same result for both dtterm and xterm.
I think the same thing happens with zsh in rxvt and some other terminal
emulators, but I can't check that right now.

Hardware: Ultra 1 console & Sun's X terminals.
OS: Solaris 2.6 & 7.

I suppose this is a bug in zsh. Does somebody know how to correct it?

--
 .-.   .-.    Life is a sexually transmitted disease.