Re: strange xterm & zsh behaviour

On Jan 27, 11:26pm, Drazen Kacar wrote:
} Subject: strange xterm  & zsh behaviour
}
} I've noticed that zsh in xterm behaves very strange when I'm in OpenWindows
} or failsafe session.

It would help to know which version of zsh.  3.0.5?

} Control keys and arrow keys don't work any
} more. The shell just echos ^[[A (for example) instead of scrolling
} through the history list. Ctrl-C is being echoed as ^C and the shell
} doesn't prompt in a new line.

Sounds like something has stomped on the tty driver settings.  What do
you see if you give the "stty -a" command?  Is the value of $TERM the
correct one?

Sun OSs have a nasty habit of copying the console tty settings to all
newly opened psuedo-tty devices, which is what xterm uses for I/O.  In
the X11R6 xterm there's even a resource, XTerm*ttyModes, added just to
address this issue.

Or an appropriate stty command in an init file; ksh, bash, and tcsh may
even already have such commands in /etc/profile or /etc/cshrc or whatever.