RE: Debug / cut'n'paste on IRIX

the code.

> Several tries with a normal zsh (full speed) show that even than
> sometime it works just fine but then again it looses some of the input
> when this comes at high speed as is true when it comes via cut'n'paste.

Aha! This sounds the hell like FIONREAD problem (typeahed is lost).

Folks, what happens, when ZSH outputs PS2? What I mean is:

if I simply have typeahead and ZSH returns to PS1, it (if configured - my
case) explicitly uses FIONREAD to check for typeahead before changing tty
modes.

Does it do the same for PS2? Does it change tty modes in this case? If yes,
is it using FIONREAD?

cheers

/andrej