Re: up-line-or-search not working in Zsh 3.1.5

Jim Graham wrote:
> Specifically, up-line-or-search doesn't seem to work in 3.1.5.  I
> can switch to up-line-or-history, but it's just not the same...I
> really, really like being able to type fg<UP> and get my last fgrep,
> and so on.  :-)

There was a long thread on this back in 1998; you can search the archive at
http://www.zsh.org/mla/ .  The problem is the same as with
history-search-{back,for}ward (about which there was another thread); only
a complete word at the beginning of the line is looked for, so if you
`bin<up>' expecting to get bindkey, you don't.  Nobody liked this behaviour
much (not counting those who loathed it or were just confused by it), and
the current development version includes a patch for it.  (I didn't have
much to do with this, so somebody correct me if I've garbled it.)

If you want to try the latest development version to see if it works the
way you want, and send more feedback if it doesn't, it's at
  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/computing/zsh-3.1.5-pws-13.tar.gz
(there should be a -14 later today, or if there isn't it'll be a couple of
weeks).

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/