Re: alwayslastprompt bugs in 3.0.6-pre-2 (?)

On Apr 28,  2:47pm, Greg Badros wrote:
> Subject: Re: alwayslastprompt bugs in 3.0.6-pre-2 (?)
> "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>
> ESC-x backward[CTRL-D]-char[ENTER]
>               ^^^^^^^^ this shows the menu under the "execute:" prompt
>
> After pressing ENTER, only the first line of the menu is erased.  The
> rest disappears after the next prompt, but not while editing the current
> line.

Oh.  Believe it or not, that's intentional.  It was only changed recently
in 3.1.5-pws-something when a whole slew of other commands were also added
to the set of actions that completely clear the completion listing.

> Also, when at the end of the xterm window (nxterm from RedHat 5.2, or
> the latest xterm96 built from sources) once I hit the "b" in "backward"
> above, a newline and a space get printed causing the text to scroll up
> unnecessarily.

Geoff can say for sure, but I think that's a side-effect of writing code
that works OK on terminals whose termcap/info entries lie about the way
automargin behaves on the last line of the display.

In short, I don't think either of these counts as a bug.