Re: PATCH: pws-20: info formatting

"Bart Schaefer" wrote:
> On Jun 1,  5:03pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> } Subject: PATCH: pws-20: info formatting
> }
> } In an aside in a message which hasn't got back to me yet, I queried the
> } excess use of quoting in zsh.info*: it's not too surprising you get this
> } sort of clash in a documentation system written in half a dozen
> } incompatible languages at once.
>
> See zsh-workers/4053 and associated thread for more on this, particularly
> Zefram's remarks on the matter.
>
> Personally, I prefer the appearance after Peter's patch, but ...

Actually, I think my patch is consistent with Zefram's remarks.  He's
saying tt() is for the font, `...' is for quotation --- that's exactly how
it is after my change.  Before, tt() was *also* introducing quotes (but
only in info, so perhaps it didn't get noticed); after, the quotes are just
the way we put them.

However, I've been negligent about putting quotes around some of my stuff,
including rewrites for parameter expansion, so I'll have a look at this
again now it's more obvious in info.  I never bothered reading
Util/zsh-development-guide until now.

> (Aside:  Are there some LPAR() and RPAR() needed in the new text from
> 6416?  And correspondingly different placements of tt()?  I'm never
> sure what ought to be happening with LPAR() and RPAR().)

Thinks like `tt((f))' work OK as long as the parentheses are balanced.  If
you have unbalanced parentheses you have to resort to
e.g. `tt(LPAR())var(flags)tt(RPAR())'.

WWW:  http://www.ifh.de/~pws/