Re: MAIL, MAILPATH and maildir support

On Jun 3, 12:00am, Clint Adams wrote:
} Subject: MAIL, MAILPATH and maildir support
}
} This patch is from Miquel van Smoorenburg <miquels@xxxxxxxxxx>.
}
} It corrects the treatment of maildir-format mailbox directories
} in MAILPATH.

I was about to gripe about how horribly inefficient this bit of code is,
when I realized I'd forgotten that the existing support for directories
is if anything worse.  Recursively stat() an entire directory tree??
Does anyone really make use of this feature?

Regardless of efficiency, I think it's a bad idea to start including
support for specific mail delivery formats in the shell.  It's one thing
to get the standard system information about a file and report that the
file has changed; it's quite another to have knowledge of the internals
of the file format.

Perhaps checkmailpath is a candidate for some kind of loadable module ...