Re: Change of coordinator

Peter Stephenson wrote:

> more, so I've been nominated to take over for development of zsh 3.1.  This
> should be a fairly seamless transition, since I've been producing
> unofficial intermediate versions for a few months now; these will now

I hope that the frequency of your releases will continue - I've found it
extremely useful to be able to have a very up-to-date version of zsh
without having to constantly apply patches myself. If making an official
release is more time consuming for whatever reason I think continuing to
have unofficial intermediate versions would be a good idea.

> eventually become the official version 3.1.6.  I hope this will appear over

Wouldn't it possibly make more sense to call the next official
development release version 3.9.0, working towards a stable version 4.0.
The 20 pws releases are quite a substantial advance from 3.1.5 and it
would make sense for this to be clearer in the version numbering. Also,
I would have thought that the 3.1 advances over 3.0 are approaching
being sufficient for the major version number change?

I wasn't on the mailing lists before version 3 so don't really know how
these things are normally decided or how much of a change to zsh
previously warranted a major version number change so sorry if this is a
stupid suggestion.

Thanks

Oliver Kiddle