Re: New compinstall and bindkey

On Jun 29,  3:26pm, Andrej Borsenkow wrote:
} Subject: RE: New compinstall and bindkey
}
} > Firstly, the new compinstall doesn't seem to work very will when the
} > functions have been installed in subdirectories: It refuses to accepy
} > /usr/local/share/zsh/functions as the directory containing the
} > functions.

I was going to complain about this myself.  Not only that, but I somehow
managed to get it to set FPATH to a string consisting of a space-separated
list of the dirs in which the functions were installed.  (That made it as
easy as "vared fpath<RET><RET>" to get the path set correctly, but it sure
was confusing.)

} > How do I bind a key to insert a new-line without doing an accept-line.
} > In the zed function it is done with bindkey "^M" self-insert-unmeta but
} > this binds it to return. I was hoping to bind it to Alt-Return.
} >
}
} Hmmm ... in command line editing multiline input I can insert new line by
} pressing ^V^J.

I can insert one with ESC-return, and though "bindkey -m" doesn't make that
equivalent to alt-return, "bindkey '\M-\C-M' self-insert-unmeta" does so.