Re: history curiosities

On Fri, 16 Jul 1999, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> I get what I said above; the h is not listed.  Now when I do
> `history', the `h' is listed but the `history' isn't, i.e. the
> last two entries shown are `echo three' and `h'.  Now if I do `h'
> again, the `h' disappears and `history' shows up.

Yeah, that's all behaving like it should -- history doesn't show
the command you typed to show the history, and since you have the
HIST_IGNORE_ALL_DUPS option set, when you re-enter 'h', the older
'h' command vanishes.

> Worse: I now set HISTNOSTORE in addition to the others, type `h',
> then `!!'.  I get the message `no such event'.

I am unable to duplicate this using an almost stock 3.1.6-pre-1
(the only patches I have applied are the ones I'm about to email
to the list).

..wayne..