Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: PATCH: 3.1.6 install without rebuild (Re: 3.0 DESTDIR)
- X-seq: zsh-workers 8463
- From: "Juergen A. Erhard" <jae@xxxxxx>
- To: schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: PATCH: 3.1.6 install without rebuild (Re: 3.0 DESTDIR)
- Date: Thu, 28 Oct 1999 03:58:36 +0200
- Cc: schizo@xxxxxxxxxx, zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <991024175838.ZM6757@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx)
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <991019052248.ZM4198@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <991019061342.ZM4317@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <19991023204554.A31639@xxxxxxxx> <991024015558.ZM1246@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <19991024010545.A1872@xxxxxxxx> <991024062032.ZM1682@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <19991024103020.A5395@xxxxxxxx> <991024175838.ZM6757@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNED MESSAGE-----
>>>>> "Bart" == Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
A few minor (and probably totally unimportant ;-) corrections:
Bart> There's a GNU package called "stow" (based on something
Bart> called "depot" that originated at CMU).
Stow was inspired by Carnegie Mellon's Depot program, [...]
It is definitely not based on it (in the narrower sense).
Bart> It's a package-installation utility designed for use in
Bart> shared-filesystem environments.
Also according to stow.texi, it's for keeping files from different
packages apart, nothing more, nothing less. So, when you have "a2p.1"
in "/usr/local/man/man1", you can easily find out which package this
file is from.
Of course you can *use* it for what you describe ;-) (And maybe that
was depot's intended use).
PS: It's good to see support for stow... I use it for everything under
/usr/local. Aaaand building Debian (and I guess RH) packages poses
some of the same problems: you need to `install' into a different
place than the one the package later has to run in.
Jürgen A. Erhard eMail: jae@xxxxxx phone: (GERMANY) 0721 27326
GNUstep - Free OPENSTEP (http://www.gnustep.org)
"No matter how cynical I get, I can't keep up." -- Bruce Schneier
-----BEGIN PGP SIGNATURE-----
Version: GnuPG v1.0.0 (GNU/Linux)
Comment: For info see http://www.gnupg.org
-----END PGP SIGNATURE-----
Messages sorted by: