Re: zsh-announce moderators still alive?

> they like having all the latest bells and whistles.  Many software
> projects spring to my mind which make daily snapshot tarballs (and
> even binary builds) available for this reason.  I also already know
> several people that make use of these snapshots.

For "normal" users, snapshots become less useful when there are
frequent releases ("release early, release often").  For all the
bleeding edge fans there are those that want stability.  Bart isn't
maintaining 3.0 to stroke his ego; there are plenty of people that
want protection from the craziness of the development tree.

I like the fact that I can get a snapshot of Tanaka's CVS repository
anytime I want and not have to apply patches by hand, but for the
casual zsh user, only bugfixes are important.  Witness the confusion
of someone running a modularized 3.1.6-pws-10 who is hitting TAB
and not getting any results because no completion modules are loaded.