Re: SourceForge Project Approved (fwd)

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:

> I mostly mean the web pages, though, because they could certainly be
> made nicer (although that wouldn't require moving them to sourceforge,
> of course); didn't someone lately offer to...

Yes, I recently offered to help with the web pages though what I had in
mind was primarily ensuring that it remained up-to-date and leaving the
current lynx friendly layout mostly as it is - I wasn't going to tart it
up with lots or pretty graphics if that's what you mean by 'made nicer'.

Karsten created me an account but I can't get it to work. I can login to
it if I use a username of 'opk' (instead of the 'pbk' which was the
username Karsten quoted in his e-mail) but I can't do a 'co zsh' command
- I get:
Fatal error, aborting.
opk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: no such user

Does anyone who understands cvs have any idea as to what the cause of
this is. My guess is that either:
1. my company 's firewall is getting in the way. Which ports does CVS
use?
2. my CVS installation is wrong. It was done direct from a debian .deb
package by a friend who has a Linux box on the company's main network.
The RS/6000s I generally use for work are on a secure network so I can't
try from them.
3. Karsten made a mistake while creating the account. Fairly possible
seeing as he muddled my initials around and may have been in a rush - he
said he was very busy.

Karsten: if you get a chance, can you check the account setup.

I'm going to get a modem soon so will have internet access at home again
so hopefully that will solve a few problems. I can't actually access
sourceforge from the company network due to the firewall though I do
have an account (opk).

Oliver Kiddle