Re: SourceForge Project Approved (fwd)

>>>>> "Oliver" == Oliver Kiddle <opk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:

Oliver> Karsten created me an account but I can't get it to work. I
Oliver> can login to it if I use a username of 'opk' (instead of the
Oliver> 'pbk' which was the username Karsten quoted in his e-mail) but
Oliver> I can't do a 'co zsh' command
Oliver> - I get:
Oliver> Fatal error, aborting.  opk@xxxxxxxxxxxxx: no such user

I made a quote error - your login is opk as requested - sorry!

Oliver> Does anyone who understands cvs have any idea as to what the
Oliver> cause of this is. My guess is that either:
Oliver> 1. my company 's firewall is getting in the way. Which ports
Oliver>    does CVS
Oliver> use?
Oliver> 2. my CVS installation is wrong. It was done direct from a
Oliver>    debian .deb
Oliver> package by a friend who has a Linux box on the company's main
Oliver> network.  The RS/6000s I generally use for work are on a
Oliver> secure network so I can't try from them.
Oliver> 3. Karsten made a mistake while creating the account. Fairly
Oliver>    possible
Oliver> seeing as he muddled my initials around and may have been in a
Oliver> rush - he said he was very busy.

Well - it was just a quote error.

Oliver> Karsten: if you get a chance, can you check the account setup.

Try:

cvs -d :pserver:opk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/pack/anoncvs login
<enter your password>

cvs -d :pserver:opk@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx:/pack/anoncvs co zsh

It should work just fine. Do not use yuor email address as login name.

Karsten