web pages

Right I'm now in business with the main web pages. Thanks Karsten - it
now works after that second fix.

I've added a new news item about the SourceForge move. Now that I look
at it again, I'm not sure that I worded it as well as I might have done
but never mind. Peter: is your e-mail address on the about page
out-of-date; zsh@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx is also forwarding to ifh - atleast
according to the list Karsten sent me when he first added me)? I think
we should add a page describing how to get at the CVS stuff. I was going
to base it on the thing Adam wrote around the end of last year(?)
updated for SourceForge but if anyone thinks they can do a good job of
it (until recently I knew nothing about cvs) then please do. I'm not
sure where the CVS would fit under the main headings.

The Contributions page could probably have a few additions. I'll trawl
through the mailing list archives when I get time for any suitable
scripts. Does anyone object to me adding scripts that they posted under
their name on the page?

When I commited the couple of changes to CVS, I was prompted for some
text. I gave it a one-line description of the change I made is this what
I was supposed to do?

Does anyone know if we can use the sourceforge web area as a mirror of
the main pages with them automatically updated using cron or whatever?

We could probably do with a few examples of ZLE widgets. Those in the
main archive are all fairly complicated and aren't the best place to
start someone off. I have a few simple widgets - for example:

copy-last-word() {
  setopt localoptions noksharrays

  local words
  words=( "${=LBUFFER}" )
  if [[ $LASTWIDGET = copy-last-word ]] && (( clwcount > -$#words ));
then
    (( clwcount-- ))
  else
    (( clwcount=-2 ))
  fi
  LBUFFER="${LBUFFER%$words[-1]}$words[clwcount]"
}
This is like copy-prev-word but doesn't take the current unfinished word
and cycles through the previous words.

Where should this sort of thing be - in the distribution, on the web
page or in /dev/null? Does anyone else have any widgets they would like
to share?

I also have a number of AIX and IRIX specific completions as well as
some which are specific to particular commercial applications (e.g.
Rational Apex). Where should this sort of thing go?

I think we ought to have some way of sharing such things but there
should probably be a limit as to what goes into the main zsh
distribution. Can we have separate CVS distributions on SourceForge.
Maybe we should have a separately maintained package for miscellanous
completions. Despite saying that I'm not very convinced myself that it
would be a good idea. I always hate it when I come to download a program
and find that I need 15 separate libraries and macro packages.

Don't be suprised if I seem to be a bit inactive on the web pages over
the coming few weeks but I over the longer term, I hope that won't be
the case - I'm away for the coming weekends and have a holiday in the US
coming up. My one account on a Linux box on the internet may disappear
soon (and with it the host I ran cvs from) though I will have access
from home soon. Am I likely to cause problems (messing up file
permissions etc) by running cvs from a win32 machine as a temporary
measure?

If anyone has any suggestions related to the web pages then please speak
up.

Oliver Kiddle