Re: sourceforge issues

Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> typed:
:- Geoff, I agree the number of tags makes things difficult.  I won't be
:  adding per-patch tags myself, though I can see the point of it since CVS
:  doesn't make it easy for you to regenerate a patch otherwise.  It
:  would probably be good to remove the old ones, though it's quite useful
:  to be able to go straight to what a patch did.

If you can see the cvs log information easily then you can just checkout the
source at a certain date (either before or after the patch).  Or if want
something specific to a file or set of files, generate a ChangeLog with
version numbers, e.g. using a fairly current version of rcs2log, then you
can get the affected files by version number.

Regards,
--
Geoff Wing : <gcw@xxxxxxxxx>     Work URL: http://www.primenet.com.au/
Rxvt Stuff : <gcw@xxxxxxxx>      Ego URL : http://pobox.com/~gcw/