sourceforge issues

This is various stuff about sourceforge including replies to various
messages.  I'm sure I've forgotten something.

- The developer permissions screen has started working again and all
  developers have admin permissions for things like bugtracking, so
  bugs can be closed (still have to do this to a couple if I remember).

- Clint, I'm assuming this is you.
    Login: clint                            Name: Clint Adams
    Directory: /home/users/clint            Shell: /bin/bash
    Last login Mon Apr  3 12:30 (PDT) on pts/77 from ghanima.ps.nyc.globix.net
  I think I need to wait for the next cron update for the web stuff to
  see this, so either Adam or I can add you tomorrow.  It worked when
  I added `clint' but it showed up as `Clint', so I smelled a rat.
  Using the uid 25200 was rejected, hence my current thesis.

- Sven (and everyone else), I'm afraid you're now responsible for adding
  your own ChangeLog entries, ideally in the same commit.  Bummer.  (Tee,
  hee, hee.)

- Geoff, I agree the number of tags makes things difficult.  I won't be
  adding per-patch tags myself, though I can see the point of it since CVS
  doesn't make it easy for you to regenerate a patch otherwise.  It
  would probably be good to remove the old ones, though it's quite useful
  to be able to go straight to what a patch did.

- Adam, the only files I can find under /home/groups/zsh on sourceforge
  which are still in group users rather than zsh  (I've discovered this
  neat shell where you do `chgrp zsh **/*(f:g+w:g:users:)' ...) are links
  for bits of yodl, where the group doesn't matter.

- Oliver: yes my mail address for the zsh list is old, but luckily still
  forwarding.  I'll ask Karsten to change it.

- Idle question, but does anyone know of an automated way of getting the
  latest version of a file from the CVS archive via the web, without CVS?
  What I mean is, can you tell people to `get the latest version of
  _path_files from <URL_prefix>Completion/Core/_path_files<URL_suffix>'?
  As far as I can see the cvsweb.cgi interface needs you to tell it a
  version number which would put paid to this.  The may be some feature
  I haven't seen.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Work: pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx