Re: Style names

Sven Wischnowsky wrote:

> >From Peter's compinstall:
>
>   # TODO: I couldn't be bothered to handle sort because it does different
>   #       things in different context (which I'm kind of against anyway).
>
> As far as I can see, there are currently four styles used in more than
> one type of context:

Sorry, I committed that accidentally before I'd quite finished it, hence it
hasn't been documented.  Before it's ready for use I need to update it to
write the changes back to the file.  It's good enough for testing though;
it just outputs the changes to stdout.

The things that need doing are styles for files, in particular, things
consequent on particular styles like the bindkey for _expand and
completeinword for prefix, and in the long run maybe a way of setting
options (which should be simpler than styles).  In the even longer run
maybe the handling of contexts could be more intelligent, but I don't even
know how yet.

> - use ambiguous (or first-ambiguous?) for paths
> - leave the list style as it is
> - use file-sort (or sort-files; I'm thinking about file-patterns) for
>   files, leave the rest
> - stop-keys for i-c-w (and change break to break-keys)

This sounds pretty good.

--
Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Work: pws@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx