Re: PATCH: Re: History bug (Re: Completion debugging)

I wrote:

> Bart Schaefer wrote:

> > So there are still two 113s in the history list, but the prompt has the
> > right history number.  I'm expecting that particular shell to crash any
> > time now ...
>
> I get a SEGV reproducibly after C-p C-n. If I take out my patch for
> this, I get it after the C-p.
>
> Hm, maybe someone more knowledgeable with history stuff...?

After playing some more and a couple of SEGVs later...

There is so much mucking around curhist (and histline) in zle that I
wonder if there is a clean way (other than changing the meaning of
curhist in the core and then adapting zle).

Maybe we should just make `print -s' put the strings added while zle
is active into some list and then add those strings only after zle is
left? I.e. in a toplevel-loop() or somewhere around that.

Bye
 Sven