Re: PATCH: Re: History bug (Re: Completion debugging)

On May 4,  5:34pm, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
} Subject: Re: PATCH: Re: History bug (Re: Completion debugging)
}
} There is so much mucking around curhist (and histline) in zle that I
} wonder if there is a clean way (other than changing the meaning of
} curhist in the core and then adapting zle).

Cf. "The one icky bit" in my "Dear old literal history" message.

} Maybe we should just make `print -s' put the strings added while zle
} is active into some list and then add those strings only after zle is
} left? I.e. in a toplevel-loop() or somewhere around that.

That's approximately what "print -z" does.  At least for _complete_debug,
the whole point is to get them into the history while you can still scroll
around and look at them.

Unfortunately that means either putting them into the future history or
changing the event number of the current command.  Neither works, at
least not easily, because the history is now stored as a ring rather
than as a simple linked list.  Wayne, are you out there?