Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
RE: problems with 3.1.9 on cygwin
- X-seq: zsh-workers 12993
- From: greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx (Greg Klanderman)
- To: "Andrej Borsenkow" <Andrej.Borsenkow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: RE: problems with 3.1.9 on cygwin
- Date: Thu, 12 Oct 2000 20:05:14 -0400 (EDT)
- Cc: <greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "Zsh list" <zsh-workers@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- In-reply-to: <000001c0334a$8d87fd30$21c9ca95@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <14819.63135.137957.342501@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <000001c0334a$8d87fd30$21c9ca95@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Reply-to: greg@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx
Sorry for the false alarm, after upgrading cygwin (from b20,
embarrassingly enough) zsh works great...
Thanks so much for your efforts porting zsh to cygwin, I use windows
as little as possible but several people I work with do, and they will
certainly appreciate it, as will I whenever I'm helping one of them
out! I guess now "bash" is completely without reason to exist...
>>>>> Andrej Borsenkow <Andrej.Borsenkow@xxxxxxxxxxxxxx> writes:
>> So I just noticed that 3.1.9 is advertised to work under cygwin...
>> but is it supposed to work *well* yet?
>> I notice that "echo *" seems to only ever yield "no matches found".
> mw1g017@MW1G17C% echo *
> DocReader.exe ctags.exe docreader.ini gvim.exe iSiloC32.exe runzsh.bat
> t~ vimrun.exe xxd.exe
>> And there seems to be a bug where setting (but not exporting) a
>> variable in one script and 'source'ing another does not result in the
>> second script seeing that variable. But I've not been able to
>> reproduce this with a succinct example.
> mw1g017@MW1G17C% cat foo.zsh
> source /tmp/bar.zsh
> mw1g017@MW1G17C% cat bar.zsh
> echo $foo
> mw1g017@MW1G17C% source foo.zsh
> Could you provide example of script that exibits an error?
>> Can someone fill me in on the state of cygwin support?
> Well, I cannot comment on stock 3.1.9 at all. Current CVS version does work;
> 3.1.9-dev-6 should work OOTB if you have recent enough Cygwin version (with
> one minor problem). I use (and ported it :-) under cygwin-1.1.4 and
> I must admint, I do not spend much time in Zsh under Cygwin, but almost all
> regression tests passed (failed are related to unsupported features).
Messages sorted by: