Re: zsh-3.1.9-dev-6 crashes occassionally

Bart Schaefer wrote:

> On Nov 1, 10:41am, Sven Wischnowsky wrote:
> }
> } Here's the second version, still not-to-be-committed.
>
> Of course, the question is, does this actually fix Thomas's crash?

I've seen Thomas' reply.

But: is this really the question? Without such a trap-handling delay
and with the code not protecting critical code sections as it is now
(without the patch), crashes like these can always happen. And the
code is full of critical sections because there are many, many places
where we access global data structures.

However, the patch is so deep in the guts of zsh that I hesitate to
decide if it should be committed, especially if Bart says things like
the above ;-). I've been using it on my laptop ever since I posted it
and didn't have any problems but I don't use TRAPALRM(), so that means
almost nothing (but Peter and I made sure the trap-tests still work
correctly).

Anyway, Peter has the newest version of this patch, together with his
trap-changes.

Bye
 Sven