Re: Shell exits on bad coproc redirection

On Aug 17,  5:05pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
} Subject: Re: Shell exits on bad coproc redirection
}
} > Sun May 18 18:57:08 1997  Zoltan Hidvegi  <hzoli@xxxxxxxxxx>
} >
} >           Do not handle SIGPIPE specially for shells with job control
                                              ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^
[">" now quotes something different]
} > paranoia.  The issue was that if a `tee' spawned by a multio exits early,
} > the parent shell will get SIGPIPE and exit, too; but that's probably not a
} > bug.
}
} Multios and coprocs are pretty similar in this respect.  I'm not
} particularly attached to `probably not a bug'; I would probably trade it in
} for `seems to reflect the current intention of the code' in return for a go
} on your playstation.

If we were talking about a shell script, I'd be completely in agreement.
But Zoltan's log entry is talking about shells with job control.  Why
should an interactive shell ever exit on SIGPIPE?