Re: Doc for compdef and #compdef is out of date

On Feb 25, 10:37am, Oliver Kiddle wrote:
}
} #compdef -T does not exist. See the first paragraph of 16795.

OK, then it's the comment in Completion/Zsh/Context/_value that needs to
be updated, not the .yo files.

} not sure what you mean by a comma-separated list of context names unless
} you just mean the -redirect-,op,command and -value-,name,command forms.

That's exactly what I mean.  When I see that form in a Completion/** file,
I don't think to go looking under _complete for its definition ... so:

} Much of _complete's documentation covering contexts should perhaps be
} moved to where compdef is documented

Exactly.

} And just something I noticed in _complete's documentation, does anyone
} know what the point of the $compcontext additions in 12449 and 12483
} were. Where might you set compcontext to an array? I can sort-of
} understand the use in _nslookup but that is the only use.

Given that Sven wrote _nslookup, I'm pretty sure that the additions in
12449 and 12483 were specifically to support that one use.  He must have
thought it would be more generally interesting than it has turned out to
be ...