Re: 4.2.0-pre-1 on HP-UX 11.11

On Wed, Mar 03, 2004 at 03:31:48PM +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Does config.log explain why gettimeofday() and select() weren't found?

It does say the following.  Are there any flags that would get
configure to tell me more?

cc: "configure", line 9234: error 1584: Inconsistent type declaration: "gettimeofday".
cc: "configure", line 9234: error 1584: Inconsistent type declaration: "select".

> (The manual pages might give some useful info, too.)  Autoconf
> 2.5x may be stricter.  This really needs fixing.

I didn't see anything enlightening regarding gettimeofday, but there
is some weirdness with select where a subtly different prototype is
used in HP-UX extended via <time.h> mode in place of <sys/time.h>.

> > Second one:
> > cc: "zselect.c", line 267: error 1634: Missing arguments only allowed on intr
> > insic calls.
>
> I can at least fix that, but as you say it's just a symptom.

Yes, this compiles and also links with the system curses.  However,
I notice linking against ncurses still fails without the HAVE_SELECT.
Let me know if you'd like any more details on that.