Re: 4.2.0-pre-3; HP-UX

On Fri, Mar 05, 2004 at 02:20:03PM +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> I've uploaded 4.2.0-pre-3 to ftp.zsh.org.
>
> Used autoconf 2.59 to try to improve matters on HPUX.

Indeed it has -- builds out of the box now, at least with HP's compiler.
I'll try gcc at some point after I actually get it installed.

The bad news is that some of the tests require tweaking of the modules
setup.  I'd swear I managed to dynamic load some pieces of pre-1 last
week, but I can't seem to do that on pre-3.  I'll try to figure out
what changed or if that was just my imagination.

Anyway, my current experience is that --disable-dynamic causes zsh/zpts
to get turned off, but after I add that as static all the tests pass up
to Y.  All three of the Y tests merely hang -- should I dig into this
more?  It sounds the same as what someone else reported recently.