Re: 4.2.0-pre-3; HP-UX

Paul Ackersviller wrote:
> The bad news is that some of the tests require tweaking of the modules
> setup.  I'd swear I managed to dynamic load some pieces of pre-1 last
> week, but I can't seem to do that on pre-3.  I'll try to figure out
> what changed or if that was just my imagination.

It's possible it's broken; the HP-UX loading stuff always used to be
a bit different.  Nothing much we can do without an HP-UX system,
unfortunately.  I thought they'd made it more like standard dlopen.

> Anyway, my current experience is that --disable-dynamic causes zsh/zpts
> to get turned off, but after I add that as static all the tests pass up
> to Y.  All three of the Y tests merely hang -- should I dig into this
> more?  It sounds the same as what someone else reported recently.

This is almost certainly a problem with the pty module.  Again, only
digging around with that on HP-UX will make a difference.

CSR Ltd., Science Park, Milton Road,
Cambridge, CB4 0WH, UK                          Tel: +44 (0)1223 692070

the system manager.

www.mimesweeper.com