Re: "limit" broken on 64bit Linux?

On Jun 27, 12:42pm, Peter Stephenson wrote:
}
} Bart Schaefer wrote:
} > The "ulimit" (as opposed to uNlimit) command works fine, but the "limit"
} > command has nothing.
}
} I don't see why one should work rather than the other, but the first
} thing to check is rlimits.h.

You mean the zsh generated source file rlimits.h?  Like I said, this is a
precompiled RPM install of zsh; it'll be at least the weekend before I
can attempt my own rebuild.

However,

  strings /usr/lib64/zsh/4.2.0/zsh/rlimits.so | grep coredump

prints nothing.  On my i686 install of the otherwise same OS:

schaefer[520] strings /usr/lib/zsh/4.2.0/zsh/rlimits.so | grep coredump
coredumpsize