Re: Unicode problem

On Thu, 17 Jan 2008 10:39:55 +0000 (UTC)
Jörg Sommer <joerg@xxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> I'm running zsh in an UTF‐8 environment. Today I wanted to know what this
> “f” character is and found that zsh can't handle it.

Please, when sending bug reports, can people say explicitly what's actually
going wrong and what they're doing to provoke it.  I think you mean that
when you move the cursor backward it miscounts the character it's on,
but I had to guess that from the throwaway remark at the end.

> The problem seems to be the zero with character. This explains why I can

So that actually displays as zero width on your terminal?  (I'm having to
guess this, too.)  Yes, that's bound to cause the shell problems.  In fact,
it's going to be quite impossible to edit: how do you even know it's there?
On gnome-terminal, which I'm using, it shows up as as a thick underscore
which is counted as width 1, and this works.  However, I can certainly see
problems in Konsole.  So this is apparently terminal-specific.