Re: Interesting display corruption problem

At Wednesday 06 February 2008 around 04:26:17 Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Feb 6,  3:03am, Ismail wrote:
> }
> } I am getting a weird display corruption problem, it looks like this :
> }
> } [/packages/python2.5]> cd ..
> } c%
> }
> } Notice the c and % sign.
>
> Why do you think this is "corruption"?
>
> The mostly likely explanation is the PROMPT_SP option.  Doc excerpt:
>
>      When a partial line is preserved, you will see an inverse+bold
>      character at the end of the partial line:  a "%" for a normal user
>      or a "#" for root.

Because I have never seen this with bash, so I thought it might be a bug
instead. Thanks for your explanation.

I see the behavior easier now :

[~]> echo -n foo
foo%
[~]>

Is there a way to omit this % ? Because if I do setopt NOPROMPT_SP it got
worse :

[~]> echo -n foo
[~]>

Nothing is printed.

Regards,
ismail

--
Never learn by your mistakes, if you do you may never dare to try again.