Re: Making built-in completion recognize : as word boundary

On Sat, 01 Mar 2008 01:37:02 +0100 Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> "Matthias B." wrote:
> > Something that's been bothering me for years now with zsh is that the
> > built-in completion can't complete
> >
> > PATH=/usr/bin:/sb<TAB>
>
> Try:
>   setopt magicequalsubst

Doesn't help. Nor would I expect it to based on the documentation. It says
nothing about effects on TAB-completion.

On Sat, 1 Mar 2008 09:06:54 +0300 Andrey Borzenkov <arvidjaar@xxxxxxxxxx>
wrote:

> Well, as it works with "new" completion ouf-of-the-box, is there any
> reason to use compctl now?

Yes. The shell function based completion is slow (ever tried it on a
500MHz machine? That's what I'm writing this message on.) and more
importantly it's too complex for my taste. I don't want all those
completions and I
don't have the time to prune down the default set or start from scratch
to write my own. All I want is some decent filename completion.

MSB

--
I will continue to be an impossible person
as long as those who are now possible remain possible.