Re: PATCH: (large) initial support for combining characters in ZLE.

On 14/04/2008, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Mon, 14 Apr 2008 15:34:19 +0200
>  "Mikael Magnusson" <mikachu@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
>  > Hi, I'm not sure if you want bug reports at this point, but one thing
>  > I noticed and can reproduce in zsh -f is that the cursor sometimes
>  > gets misplaced in the terminal with combiningchars on.
>  > % zsh -f
>  > % setopt combiningchars
>  > % print -z $'\u0342'
>  > the buffer should now contain an inverted <0342>, press left or ctrl-a
>  > or whatever to go to the start of the line and press 'a'. Here, in
>  > both urxvt and xterm (though in xterm no ~ appears over the a) the
>  > cursor goes to sit on the start of the previous line in the terminal.
>  > Funnily when you backspace it goes back to the proper place in the
>  > current buffer again.
>

> Here are a few trivial fixes for some simple problems like that---it's
>  simply a case of moving right until we get off the combining characters.
>
>  I should find a general fix for the jumping cursor problem, but for now
>  it's quite convenient (for me, anyway) to see the problems so clearly.

This is better, but I can still put the cursor between the a and the ~.
>  > % zsh -f
>  > % setopt combiningchars
>  > % print -z $'\u0342'
>  > the buffer should now contain an inverted <0342>, press left or ctrl-a
>  > or whatever to go to the start of the line and press 'a'.
But instead of pressing a, type a '!' and go left again and press 'a',
then press ctrl-d. (or ctrl-t)

Another thing I noticed is that ctrl-t moves just the combining char,
not the whole base+combiningchar, but that might already be on your
todo as a subset of "fix widgets" :).
--
Mikael Magnusson