Re: functions/Completion/Linux/_modutils

On Wed, May 14, 2008 at 09:40:46AM -0700, Bart Schaefer wrote:
> That just calls _command_names, which doesn't do anything magical at
> all; in fact I'd expect it not to find modprobe if calling modprobe
> later will fail for path reasons.  The path needs to be set where I
> set it in that patch, before any completers are invoked.

Debian has been shipping this in the global zshrc, which could lead to
the situation you describe.

zstyle ':completion:*:sudo:*' command-path /usr/local/sbin /usr/local/bin \
                             /usr/sbin /usr/bin /sbin /bin /usr/X11R6/bin

I have all the sbins included in my $path, so I've never noticed.