Re: Security hole in history handling for root

On Wed, Jan 21, 2009 at 18:18, Peter Stephenson <pws@xxxxxxx> wrote:

> If I can be convinced there is something specific in this case, as
> opposed to a general security hole that needs much more thinking about,
> it can be dealt with, but I haven't seen why yet.

In that case, don't bother. As the RC files are checked, I assumed you
wanted to get a report for everything which goes in that direction.

> (By the way, I realise Bart suggested you repost things, but the net
> effect is likely to be that I increase my threshold below which I ignore
> things even further.  If all these sorts of things are to be tackled we
> NEED repeat NEED repeat NEED more people to work on bug fixes.)

Would if I could, but I am not firm enough in C to be of any deeper
help. sorry.

Would it help you or anyone if there was a bug tracker? SF.net offers
one or I could set one up, if you want me to.

Richard