Re: Convention question regarding completions

> Hi all,
>
>  when writing completions, should I XAND only the options
>  which are really mutually exclusive like
>
>   tar x
>   tar c
>
>  or should I XAND the ones which won't work but won't hurt,
>  either like
>
>   --verbose
>   --quiet
>
>  or should I XAND even the ones which become superfluous
>  like the second option in
>
>   deluser --remove-all-files
>   deluser --remove-home
>
>  ?
>
>  Personally, I lean towards the third, i.e. most inclusive
>  XAND rule, but I am interested what the others think.

Right, I don't think anyone is going to complain about your
implementation being too complete. :)

However, you'll see many of the completion functions tend to adopt the
first (and a half) approach E.g. "(- *)--version" without specifying
--version in any of the other option's exclusion lists because for
many commands --version simply overrides the other options rather than
producing an error.

Regards,
Doug