Re: D07multibyte.ztst failure on HP-UX 11.11

On Fri, May 01, 2009 at 04:18:47PM +0100, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Presumably then we need to find out what
>
> LC_ALL=C; print $'\u00e9'
>
> is doing in the code.

I meant to get to this on the weekend, but my internet service at home
wasn't working worth crap.  Anyway, I'm about to trace into the code
for this.  First I thought a couple of other details may tweak something
for you, they don't make any sense to me.

I can get read to silently fail on the HP box with

env -i LANG=en_US.utf8 ../Src/zsh -fc \
	"(LC_ALL=C; print \$'\\u00e9') | read || print failure"

Taking out any of the read, the LC_ALL=C, or the sub-shelling gives a
zero return to the left of the "print failure".