Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: PATCH: vcs_info: Set NO_warn_create_global option
- X-seq: zsh-workers 27742
- From: Frank Terbeck <ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: PATCH: vcs_info: Set NO_warn_create_global option
- Date: Sun, 21 Feb 2010 22:34:18 +0100
- Cc: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- In-reply-to: <100221131740.ZM24810@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> (Bart Schaefer's message of "Sun, 21 Feb 2010 13:17:40 -0800")
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <1266764004-15068-1-git-send-email-ft@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <100221092514.ZM24056@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <87d3zy8ib8.fsf@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> <100221131740.ZM24810@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
Bart Schaefer wrote:
> On Feb 21, 9:06pm, Frank Terbeck wrote:
> } Any ideas where to apply the leverage?
> In Src/params.c, assignsparam() and assignaparam(), I suppose, by a
> check of v->pm->node.nam against a list (which doesn't exist yet) of
> parameters that don't require warnings. I further suppose that list
> could itself be controlled by a parameter, but that'd have to be
> handled carefully to avoid fetching a value while setting it.
Sounds reasonable, but is well beyond my expertise in zsh's code.
> I see PWS has already applied your (a) patch from 27731, so perhaps
> this discussion is moot ...
Yes I've seen it, too. But I'd like to have `warn_create_global' active
while vcs_info is running (without cutting off useful features such as
zstyle's "-e" option), if possible. It's code should run fine with the
option set. And having it set prevents me from becoming sloppy.
In protocol design, perfection has been reached not when there is
nothing left to add, but when there is nothing left to take away.
-- RFC 1925
Messages sorted by: