Re: Bug report

On Tue, 17 Dec 2013 11:59:32 +0100
Patrick Oscity <patrick.oscity@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> On Dec 15, 18:10,  Bart Schaefer wrote:
> > By the way, fiddling with this I discovered that I have one of the
> > terminals that scrolls up when anything is written to the bottom right
> > corner.  Vanilla "xterm" does this.
>
> In fact, I discovered the same behavior in my terminal (using iTerm2 on
> OS X) which somehow defeats the purpose. Another odd behavior I noticed
> is that when I set ZLE_RPROMPT_INDENT=0, the first character of any
> completion disappears.
>
> Since other shells like e.g. FISH handle this correctly in the very same
> terminal, maybe there's actually something else broken here?

It's not so much a case of being broken as of working round the foibles
of various terminals.  It might well be possible to update the chunk of
code around line 1645 of zle_refresh.c marked "output the right-prompt
if appropriate" so that it's less likely to cause terminals to wrap, but
that will need some research.

pws