Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [PATCH] Remove SH_USE_BSD_ECHO autoconf test.
- X-seq: zsh-workers 40235
- From: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: zsh-workers@xxxxxxx
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove SH_USE_BSD_ECHO autoconf test.
- Date: Sun, 25 Dec 2016 10:06:19 -0800
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=brasslantern-com.20150623.gappssmtp.com; s=20150623; h=from:message-id:date:in-reply-to:comments:references:to:subject :mime-version; bh=hxVEwwI0J80Aj5BXIY54vYvNtY1OCpVbshSi8zPtNeM=; b=rx9q9T6kLuTYjsKODafQvyBOLZQB9cmO30sYD+RDiVm76noxr11W9zH/mb3kXPlyq4 eFDtiposjiYhABwLzEMaHluzQYQkkMvd8VfJWjNkOK1HYwhQqWZqgk2e05zVt8t1CoQw EPD5noCiRymT5mEMau6RnI0WEMQBqyyB3C3gQHUHK3u9YZPg8q4UjRXefbCOjqBsB5Y0 cBjBuN85GLa8OUgcZ+KZ4YX24n920nVn2CgCEbJRqBvAwqihuwU2bf64fTCREPum4aSR yqnO/qsaqIdp+W/JNw55U1FB7lxRAxmyyvbG06uVxV7GYqKvZfIyeKEXo/TuYTTE0mEh DaZw==
- In-reply-to: <20161225023331.GA10957@fujitsu.shahaf.local2>
- List-help: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <firstname.lastname@example.org> <161224135231.ZM29868@torch.brasslantern.com> <20161225023331.GA10957@fujitsu.shahaf.local2>
On Dec 25, 2:33am, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
} This output shows that the debian package of zsh is not reproducible
} (in the sense of https://www.reproducible-builds.org/ - bit-for-bit
} identical artifacts). because it contains config.h whose contents
} depend on what /bin/sh is at build time.
IMO this is just stupid. config.h is not an output of the build, it's
an intermediate step which in this case is irrelevant. It shouldn't
have been included in the checksum in the first place -- or conversely
it shouldn't have been included in the debian package.
Further the whole point of "configure" is to produce results that might
vary based on the buid environment. Reproducibility should only apply
downstream of configuration, if it's to have any value at all.
Messages sorted by: