Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Re: [PATCH] Remove SH_USE_BSD_ECHO autoconf test.
- X-seq: zsh-workers 40236
- From: "Nikolay Aleksandrovich Pavlov (ZyX)" <kp-pav@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: Bart Schaefer <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>, "zsh-workers@xxxxxxx" <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: [PATCH] Remove SH_USE_BSD_ECHO autoconf test.
- Date: Mon, 26 Dec 2016 02:20:32 +0300
- Authentication-results: mxback9h.mail.yandex.net; dkim=pass firstname.lastname@example.org
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yandex.ru; s=mail; t=1482708032; bh=0bm3Ff3VPNGJHxJ0cdbByv2twx0ZUg4AlzGn9E5ZX0Q=; h=From:To:In-Reply-To:References:Subject:Message-Id:Date; b=ReSRaCHSu7jL/y+KGW0U8CndNSfQHYRR8DpTRLaUiLr2ynjg0FPQNA/w9D01SypPR bDkYAIf0RDv2Jnu8hQh1yapTe7Yoi7azQ58SdfC6fs6ySa1o/Jf3ollrYVtBFmEo8P By8wVtkVHA8idGgbROe78WESA17TXjp7bvtm/VKM=
- In-reply-to: <161225100619.ZM26202@torch.brasslantern.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <email@example.com> <161224135231.ZM29868@torch.brasslantern.com> <20161225023331.GA10957@fujitsu.shahaf.local2> <161225100619.ZM26202@torch.brasslantern.com>
25.12.2016, 21:07, "Bart Schaefer" <schaefer@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx>:
> On Dec 25, 2:33am, Daniel Shahaf wrote:
> } This output shows that the debian package of zsh is not reproducible
> } (in the sense of https://www.reproducible-builds.org/ - bit-for-bit
> } identical artifacts). because it contains config.h whose contents
> } depend on what /bin/sh is at build time.
> IMO this is just stupid. config.h is not an output of the build, it's
> an intermediate step which in this case is irrelevant. It shouldn't
> have been included in the checksum in the first place -- or conversely
> it shouldn't have been included in the debian package.
> Further the whole point of "configure" is to produce results that might
> vary based on the buid environment. Reproducibility should only apply
> downstream of configuration, if it's to have any value at all.
It is not. config.h is output of the build because it is required to build third-party modules because you can’t #include zsh header files without having config.h saved somewhere.
Basically it appeared in the package some time after zpython module was rejected from inclusion in core.
Messages sorted by: