Re: crash/hang with gcc 5+ -O2 and --enable-zsh-mem

On Mon, Feb 26, 2018 at 08:24:46PM +0000, Peter Stephenson wrote:
> Can't see a problem with this apart from a minor performance hit.
> calloc isn't used anywhere this would be a big deal, I don't think.  I
> committed it, thanks.
>
> I suppose gcc really wants looking at too...

Cheers.

I honestly still am completely confused at how strlen() could in any
way be related to this (and yet, it most certainly is as far as gcc
is concered) and _why_ calloc() is even a viable candidate for malloc()
sibling-call optimization in the first place.

I am also sort of thinking this is a gcc bug, but I have no idea
where to even start looking in that abyss known to some as the
gcc codebase. I'll keep my ear to the ground regardless; I find it
*very* hard to believe that zsh is the only codebase affected
by this optimization peculiarity.

--
Joey Pabalinas