Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
Prompt wrapping problems since 42285 ("off by one fix in multiple prompts ")
- X-seq: zsh-workers 42756
- From: "Alexandros Kozak" <agkozak@xxxxxxxxx>
- To: <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Prompt wrapping problems since 42285 ("off by one fix in multiple prompts ")
- Date: Thu, 10 May 2018 15:27:44 -0700
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=gmail.com; s=20161025; h=from:to:subject:date:message-id:mime-version :content-transfer-encoding:content-language:thread-index; bh=p3HbaT6EVHTWngbdh93jRYzRmWpXB6DbnYw75nxIgwU=; b=TtRqgPUbH+MUGdPhKGCcAMHmcslSHeidQU5U+paZ4m+hBuM4uKJESx2ubjZCgCN+w7 2w8UH/aFM6FEBAaqvA6ZWAisMk/H5DVHG8jTIucIYKXXsqgI/TplA2PqrraVbCnE4y8e 3850rvc9Myi9bK7hTbN1yfrmSD5lBlKcYPGyIA4OyMeiKtos4IDKSJpuSX++/3BfBdC5 eVWAgVz4fBQfBs7KXBgL3Qq/r/NVXek+es3zHJKyLfCnbXCbYKvk35nuI+QSQBCVGSaH +wfYLoVjsVA2mOE/Kf4mKSnsxb4kAT4gmW6H6BFRA/5oYPW53eCqTeS/tDg1QFItdlgg fHXA==
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- Thread-index: AdPorI8jbeV7QBSnRNy4XXybI5zF1Q==
I have an asynchronous ZSH prompt
(https://github.com/agkozak/agkozak-zsh-theme) that works quite well in ZSH
4.3.11-5.4.2. Ever since v5.5 came out, I've been having a lot of trouble
when the prompt wraps; the cursor frequently appears a few characters back
from where it should. Eliminating the RPROMPT sometimes helps a bit, but
even then, if I enter something and then delete the line, the cursor will
snap back on top of the text of the left prompt, not at its end.
A simple test demonstration can be had (without downloading my prompt) by
loading v5.5 or v5.5.1 with zsh -f and then entering
~/abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz1234567890abcdefghijklmnopqrstuvwxyz %# '
Make the terminal window narrow or the type very large so that the prompt
wraps. Enter a command that wraps to the next line, then delete the command
(in vi mode, ESC d d). Depending on the width of the terminal window, the
cursor may land one or more places before it should.
If you throw in an RPROMPT, such as
RPROMPT='(foo bar bat)'
some real ugliness can be had -- always depending, of course, on the width
of the screen. I've tested this out in Ubuntu and FreeBSD with mintty,
PuTTY, lxterminal, and Blink Shell.
Reverting the change in
fixes the problems I've described.
Any suggestions? Many thanks in advance/
Messages sorted by: