Zsh Mailing List Archive
Messages sorted by:
- X-seq: zsh-workers 44460
- From: Oliver Kiddle <okiddle@xxxxxxxxxxx>
- To: justindorfman@xxxxxxxxx, "Zsh Hackers' List" <zsh-workers@xxxxxxx>
- Subject: Re: Logo
- Date: Fri, 28 Jun 2019 00:51:18 +0200
- Authentication-results: amavisd4.gkg.net (amavisd-new); dkim=pass (2048-bit key) header.d=yahoo.co.uk
- Dkim-signature: v=1; a=rsa-sha256; c=relaxed/relaxed; d=yahoo.co.uk; s=s2048; t=1561675881; bh=k3TPszMfyoCOrQ8F0vUqmCWmGuC6wKCB6/APq5WxgWM=; h=From:References:To:Subject:Date:From:Subject; b=XC373ny6N+9/tOMy1QsH0Nb2WRNHJvkfj89FjRm9PxyYhH8Rgw4z8J0RIFkJiBSddm1q+ogTbQqdznQrr3GGBWIuXjEOG85aSL3yiu88WxKbCazXB0KueUymszvUon4vXXuj5XeBAlQVIbJ1+xz5K4Sf4giX8XK+sFOyWmUj68yb+SJviZ5OMP1biiwUJ4riUiP/Mcfc5BIpKjSISEdC+W86jEA0cx2FLPOMh0wDGaa3N8hioXH/lYrjBLhPTr8Z5c/emrFJgmilDj77NDJtC2TYI5CRY1VsLnNX14wcK15GkGULcV5DMj1ZocfAO9F+DxBnXzh+NLyXIsVRu+puJg==
- In-reply-to: <CAKc7PVCmnbc2=rh+QvVen7XghTrLW_h5i=BrHBwqbLYjjinwFw@mail.gmail.com>
- List-help: <mailto:email@example.com>
- List-id: Zsh Workers List <zsh-workers.zsh.org>
- List-post: <mailto:firstname.lastname@example.org>
- List-unsubscribe: <mailto:email@example.com>
- Mailing-list: contact zsh-workers-help@xxxxxxx; run by ezmlm
- References: <CAEjOAVr=VD=Hv9mAz2596xwivjFf4_Om0jdxkgm3okPa5=8Pzw@mail.gmail.com> <38064-1559721399.140667@kQVp.BFjQ.viXH> <CAH+w=7aoydaP17Z+Xx2KXBwqVGqMPX-VTMXCxO72ExSbcoei6w@mail.gmail.com> <CAEjOAVrJFbmGjecc1qqB8z2KrXnVJmzNR3nr9kQOeveE+ErUFg@mail.gmail.com> <firstname.lastname@example.org> <CAEjOAVpPFAA1Lt=tT8437FAwhaeEoM293CcviGNFuQc=gRER-A@mail.gmail.com> <CAEjOAVp_ouw6GPhT=w+vGattmD4Wz4yU7u71Zvih4k0QA+BTvw@mail.gmail.com> <CAFOazAMwH8Nq-1vtVC3Ejaou6wdFxYqJe9Mg-8ETqaPQoQ3pDQ@mail.gmail.com> <CAEjOAVqtQ-sVDsyiZg0ZWmCwYLp-==wvvRCRZ69ffu+YNSddrg@mail.gmail.com> <CAKc7PVCmnbc2=rh+QvVen7XghTrLW_h5i=BrHBwqbLYjjinwFw@mail.gmail.com>
Sebastian Gniazdowski wrote:
> It's an interesting idea to meld % znd Z (as Bart noted), but in the
> idea 1 I was for about 15 seconds reading the log o as "Zosh" and
> scratching my head ;)
I had the same thought with the first idea - it reading as "Zosh". The
"o" part of the % is no smaller than the s. Given that a prompt is more
often rendered in a fixed width font, I wonder if it would work better
with a typewriter font used as the basis of the % and the Z elements of
the merged character matching the "sh" as far as possible.
Idea 2 looks good. The first two are more striking but the third perhaps
is more reminiscent of a terminal window. The % is less apparent than
with idea 1, however - I suspect many people wouldn't even make the
connection and would only see it as a Z with some circles. The
association between zsh and a default prompt is probably less strong
than it is for bash to begin with - zsh users being more likely to
> As for the second idea, I see it quite like a poster-like, i.e.
> strong, clear-cut, impressive/influential. This might be the way to
> go, however it might be worth noticing that Bash logo isn't like that,
> it's more like "calm", maybe even "warm". That said I don't really
A stronger logo might better suit zsh. I do like the bash logo, but
wouldn't want anything too similar for zsh.
> Out of the 3 versions of the 2nd idea I like the second (the middle
> one) the most. As I said the IMO poster-like, strong logo might be the
> way to go, however you might evolve it with the observations, who
> knows what will be the effect.
I'd agree with this.
I like the white shadow on the diagonal and the diamond background shape
in the middle one but I prefer the orange on black of the third to the
black on orange.
Messages sorted by: