Re: Bug with traps and exit

Peter,

Thanks for all the details.

I'm afraid there are two distinct bugs being discussed in this thread.  One is
workers/44922, which you analyzed in detail.  I'll follow up about that one
with Martijn.  However, the bug I was confused about how to get started on is
workers/44007 (also in this thread):

> trap 'printf $1; exit; printf $2' USR1
> fn() {
>         printf 1
>         kill -s usr1 $$
>         printf 2
> }
> printf 0
> fn A B
> printf 3

Here, Martijn was saying that zsh should print 01A but in fact prints 01A2.
doesn't inhibit «printf 2» (without a dollar sign) from running.  How would
you approach something like this?  I'm guessing bin_exit should set a global
volatile int variable to '1' if it's called from a signal handler, but where
would that variable be checked?

Thanks,

Daniel