Re: Official plugin manager?

On Fri, Jan 3, 2020 at 2:07 PM Daniel Shahaf <d.s@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> Roman Perepelitsa wrote on Fri, 03 Jan 2020 21:51 +00:00:
> > This is just my personal opinion that I don't hold very strongly and
> > my voice obviously carries little weight here. I think zshrc
> > recommended by zsh should be very conservative.

My approach with the completion defaults I've been playing with, is to
define a function that installs a zstyle only if there is not already
another competing zstyle, so that the default definitions may safely
be "source"d at any point.  However, these could easily be defined
directly instead.  Descriptions of some of the styles then defined via
that function:

# Insert all expansions for expand completer
# Allow one error for every three characters typed for _approximate
# Allow two errors elsewhere, e.g. for _correct
# Offer indexes before parameters in subscripts
# Ignore completion functions (until the _ignored completer)
# Matching:
# 1. Try completion with no alterations (i.e., literal match is best)
# 2. Match substrings separated by dashes, dots, underscores, commas
# 3. As (2) but case-insensitively
# 4. As (2) but allow arbitrary stuff at the beginning of the result