Re: Official plugin manager?

On 3 Jan 2020, at 16:37, Roman Perepelitsa <roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> - Move keybindings (everything, really) from the global zshrc to the
> user and remove fancy indirection from there as well

Actually, if key bindings don't always work well out of the box, and
especially if we can fix that by simply checking terminfo, shouldn't we do
that with the default bindings in the shell itself?

In either case, *not* using terminfo seems like it will limit what we can
actually do, since we risk breaking some terminals otherwise. That's
presumably why the Debian configuration uses it in the first place.

On 3 Jan 2020, at 16:37, Roman Perepelitsa <roman.perepelitsa@xxxxxxxxx> wrote:
> - Maybe fewer completion styles. Seems like too much but maybe they
> are really important, I don't know.

Obviously we shouldn't go crazy with it, but i don't see any reason to
specifically limit the use of styles. The style system is an important aspect
of configuring zsh. There are very useful settings that can only be changed
that way, and it's important for users to know about it if they want to make
their own changes.

I agree that everything should be thoroughly commented, and designed to impart
as much general/transferable knowledge as possible to the user. They won't
learn from it easily if the file contains too much magic.

dana