Re: eta for release

Oliver Kiddle <opk@xxxxxxx> on Thu, 2024/03/14 22:01:
> Christian Hesse wrote:
> > While zsh git master does support pcre2 already, this has not made it
> > into a release and the current one still depends on the old library.
> > Support is spread over several commits, which depend on even more
> > commits. Thus cherry-picking is not that easy.
>
> If you cherry-pick 1b421e49 first then b62e9113 will also apply

... and 10bdbd8b5b0b43445aff23dcd412f25cf6aa328a - the module is not build
without. Issue without is that Src/Modules/pcre.mdd still referenced
pcre-config (and not pcre2-config).

> without conflicts other than on ChangeLog. You shouldn't need any of
> the subsequent patches related to PCRE. At least none of them are a
> regression with respect to 5.9 - nor are any fixing bugs introduced with
> the two cherry-picked patches. You don't necessarily need the first of
> those two patches other than to make the second apply cleanly but it
> doesn't do any harm.

And you are right... Package built and it works.

Ignoring Changelog in cherry-pick is pretty easy, just did that in every
step before continue:

git checkout tags/zsh-5.9 -- ChangeLog

> > So wondering... It there any eta for a new release? Would be nice to have
> > one any time soon... :)
>
> Not being the release manager, I can't answer this part with any
> authority. Some of the newer developments are still in a state of
> flux.

Problem solved, so take your time. ;)

Thanks a lot!
--
main(a){char*c=/*    Schoene Gruesse                         */"B?IJj;MEH"
"CX:;",b;for(a/*    Best regards             my address:    */=0;b=c[a++];)