Re: HIST_IGNORE_DUPS also ignores command lines that differ by a space between quotes

On Wed, Mar 20, 2024 at 10:23 PM Jun T <takimoto-j@xxxxxxxxxxxxxxxxx> wrote:

> I think HIST_IGNORE_DUPS would work as expected even without
> HIST_REDUCCE_BLANKS if we use the information in chwords and
> hist_ring->words, as in the patch below, for example.

Doesn't that require HIST_LEX_WORDS to be set to poplulate ->words
when reading histfiles?  And further, would it not behave differently
for "print -s" vs. "print -S"?

This is more a concern when someone is using something similar to
per-directory history files or other fooling with "fc -p" or
zshaddhistory.  Maybe not much of a worry.