Re: zsh startup files

On Mar 30, 11:14pm, Bart Schaefer wrote:
} Subject: Re: zsh startup files
}
} [...] Boy, would it have been simpler for all concerned if csh had
} always read an /etc/csh.login back then. (And guess what tcsh does
} now? And guess in what order WRT the user's .cshrc?)

Before someone else corrects me ... I just noticed that tcsh reads both
of the /etc/csh* files first.  My recollection had been that it was
interleaved like zsh, and that this is where the idea for zsh's system
came from ... but if it ever was, it's not any more for tcsh.

That doesn't change my opinion, but I'll grant that it's a data point
in favor of untangling them.