Re: [4.0.2 bug] commands not written to history

On Thu, Jul 12, 2001 at 00:34:59 +0200, Vincent Lefevre wrote:
> Since the problem occurred twice today, I decided to store the history
> to the local hard disk. So, I'll see if the problem still occurs or not.

There is another problem. For instance, when I want to backward-search
for `file.', nothing is found, though there is a matching line in the
history:

greux:~out> grep "zip -r" $HISTFILE                                    <1:48:28
: 994891028:0;zip -r file.zip *
: 994895233:0;grep "zip -r" $HISTFILE
greux:~out> grep "zip -r" $HISTFILE                                    <1:48:29
failing bck-i-search: file._

It seems to be due to the fact that the time stamps are not in the
increasing order.

--
Vincent Lefèvre <vincent@xxxxxxxxxx> - Web: <http://www.vinc17.org/> - 100%
validated HTML - Acorn Risc PC, Yellow Pig 17, Championnat International des